Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Passin the Afternoon



Yesterday me'n'my boys took a trip to the mischakiya (mischaki-wha?). Its a fantastic indoor play area that has every kind of (kosher) entertainment available (no TV, please!). There's a gymboree room, a moon-walk, an arts'n'crafts area, a make believe room, etc etc. - and all for just 5 shekels per kid! Its one of the benefits of living in a homogenous city where funds are set aside for you and your needs as apposed to just ignoring you. This is usually an activity that we save for a rainy day (literally) but since it was unbearably hot, I decided that an afternoon of fun in air-conditioning was called for. The kids had a great time! I was especially excited because until now, Yisroel Meir was quite difficult to take care of at the mischakiya. There are lots of kids there and I basically had to hold him the entire time in order to protect him! Needless to say he was NOT happy about that- and he let me know. Now that he's a bit older, I let him join in the fun! And fun he certainly had. I'm not sure what I'm going to do to entertain them today since, while my boys believe otherwise, my house is NOT a mischakiya. I may venture to the park and instigate a water fight. Or perhaps I'll just give them a bath really early and convince them that its bedtime.............







No comments: