Friday, May 04, 2007

Svei's on wheels

Who needs "Disney on Ice' when you can see "Svei's on Wheels"?
Below is Yisroel Meir being navigated ever so deftly by his big brother .


Help!

Our latest development is that YZ took off his training wheels ("Galgalei Ezer" in Hebrew. The boys have dubbed them "Galgalei Uncle Ezer").
The events unfolded rather quickly.
Yesterday we visited friends who's son, Moishy, had just learned to ride without training wheels. I observed as Yitzchok Zevi gawked at Moishy with a mixture of excitement, awe, and envy. I watched as the cogs began to turn in his little head. And then the inevitable question........I knew it was coming.......
"Mommy, when are we going to take off MY training wheels?" I was NOT ready for this. I was quite satisfied with the state of events as they were heretofore. But, alas, I wasn't given much of a choice.........
So off they went.
I don't yet have footage of my paperboy-in-training but he's actually getting the hang of it very quickly. He has great balance and is VERY motivated to be like his friend, Moishy. Whilst visiting Moishy, the two of them went to play with a third boy down the street. Incidentally, I knew that YZ did not like this other boy very much. When he returned, I questioned him. "So, do you like playing with Dani (not his real name) now?" "Yeah," YZ replied. "What changed?" I asked. "Mommy, its like this. I like any boy who can ride a bike without training wheels. If he needs training wheels, well, I don't want to play with him. That's how it goes."

...........We may need to fine tune our barometer for choosing good friends but at least I know my kid is self aware (and brutally honest).
Good Shabbos, everybody!

1 comment:

leeba said...

Thanks so much for finally blogging and for the shout out. Im commenting so you will blog more and because i am actually scared to see what would happen if i didnt write anything. keep them coming!