Monday, August 06, 2007

Funny Sabra, laughing Mommy

No pics for today (sorry!) - just a few funny lines from my eldest Israeli that begged recording......

  • On Friday night, YZ complained that a hang nail was bothering him.
YZ: Mommy, can you cut it off?
Me: I can't touch it on shabbos, Yitzchok Zevi.
YZ: Well, can I?
Me; I"ll have to ask Abba. He knows the halacha.
YZ: Well, I know more halacha than Abba.
Me: Really
YZ: Sure! I know SO much Torah. I learned in all of Gan Tami and ALL of Gan Chani. Do you know how much Torah that is????????


  • On shabbos, Yitzchok Zevi wanted a walking partner while Aryeh Leib was quite content to sit in the stroller. YZ lifted his nose into the air and said (snorted, better yet) "That's fine, I'll walk. I want to get bawee (thats healthy in hebrew- Elmer Fudd style) things in my body. That's what happens if you walk. So what if I get my shoes a little dusty. That's the whole point about shoes anyway."

  • Today YZ and I were walking to shefa shuk when YZ stopped short and said, "Mommy, hold on a sec. I have wocks in my cwoks" (Why don't ya just move over, Elmer.)

  • Tonight I couldn't find the boys' toothpaste so I had to use "Mommy and Abba toothpaste". After being quite the good sport and allowing me to brush his teeth anyway, YZ sat up, rolled his eyes, and said, "Wow, that was AWFUL!"

1 comment:

Shoshi and Daniel said...

Blee ayin hora - so cute! Cuter than Elmer Fudd any day of the week!

Lotsa nachas, Shoshi