Monday, July 21, 2008

Only in Israel

Sometimes I forget that I live in Israel. I've been living here so long, I don't even notice the hebrew as being foreign to me. The styles, the culture, none of those things really phase me much anymore. I guess you can say I've.....................acclimated. And it only took me 7 years!
Then there are the times that the notion hits me- Wow, I really live in Israel!
Take yesterday, for instance. We were playing in the park, minding our own business, when all of a sudden a donkey waltzes though the park laden with heavy objects, lead by his arab owner.
All of the boys were quite excited.

YZ: Its a Chamor! (donkey)
AL: A Chamor! (donkey)
YM: A Chamud!!!!!! (cutie)

Close, Yisroel Meir :)

Then Yitzchok Zevi mused:
"If you don't have money for a car, it's worth it to get a donkey. Donkey's don't need gas because they're alive. They can carry all of your heavy stuff for you- like your food from the grocery store. Mommy, do you think we can get a donkey?"

Spoken like a true Sabra!!!!!

Below is a slide show of pics of YM from his gan this year. The ganenet gave each kid a CD as a souvenir. I Just had to share it with y'all.............




Shalom everybody!

2 comments:

Abba said...

Shira, Wow to YM on his amazing development w/in this year!
I'd advise YZ to ask for a camel instead of donkey, more climbing involved.
BW, BS
Mommy

grandma Laurie said...

How that beautiful boy has grown! What a wonderful gift the ganenet gave you! Can't wait to eat them up!
Mom