Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sukkos at the Svei's

Moadim L'simcha to all!
We hope that all of you in the diaspora enjoyed your first 2 days of yom tov. Now its back into the kitchen to cook for shabbos followed by just one more kitchen stint for shmini atzeres/simchas torah. We're almost there! I really do enjoy (and look forward to) yontif. Its just that my hands are perpetually cracked and stained and my wrists are starting to ache from all of that vegetable peeling.
The husband's been sleeping in the sukkah this week which I'm enjoying immensely as I don't have to clean all of the junk off of my bed before I go to sleep- I just dump it all on his bed. The 2 big boys sleep in the sukkah as well. Heh heh. Jason's REALLY enjoying being kicked in the head by Aryeh Leib all night. Slumber party for the men and R&R for the Mommy!
Yet another perk about being a mom of boys. Unfortunately for them, they are looking more and more girl-like recently as their mosquito-bite ridden faces, arms, and legs are being perpetually painted pink with calamine lotion.

Speaking of Shabbos. I took AL and YM to the grocery store to get MORE veggies as well as various other shabbos related food stuffs. Among our purchases was my favorite new drink- Ice Tea made by "Spring". I actually got 3 of them for 15 NIS which was MOST exciting. I then saved myself 18 NIS by shlepping all of our purchases home on the bus instead of paying for the delivery. Actually I only saved 13 NIS if you subtract the 5NIS for bus fare. Well, really only 3 NIS if you subtract the 10 NIS for the 2 bottles of ice tea that were run over by the bus after falling out of my stroller upon alighting from the bus. Guess we'll have water this shabbos. Water's free. (Ok, thats not really true either- but its cheaper than Ice Tea.)

Chag Sameach!

No comments: