Friday, September 15, 2006

Getting big




We've reached a milestone in the life of Yisroel Meir Svei. YM has started to giggle. Weighing in at 14.3 lbs, when he smiles, he kind of reminds me of Michelin Man. His big brothers derive imense pleasure in making him laugh. They get so insulted when all of a sudden he bursts into tears. "How would you feel," I ask them, "if you had 2 people who are twice your size yelling in your face........at once?"Every once in a while Yisroel Meir will comply and give one of the boys a meak smile. C'mon YM, you are not making this "integration into the family" thingy easy! If your big brothers don't like you, thats NOT a good thing! For the most part, the big boys have been good sports. Yitzchok Zevi likes to call him "Baybala" and, as I mentioned below, AL's name of choice is "solamaya". In addition, we just got YM a personal entertainment system (otherwise known as a Graco swing). ALL parties concerned are VERY satisfied :).

A funny YZ and AL exchange..........
We have a park right outside of our apartment. They boys often stand at the window trying to identify park goers. On shabbos Aryeh Leibi thought he saw his ganenet and called, "Mowa giti!" Yitchok Zevi stopped him and said, "No, Lubi, she doesn't understand anglit. You have to say it in Hebrew! Like this, (perfect sabra accent) "Morah Giti.....""

And who says that i'm stunting my boys english by sending them to a Hebrew speaking gan? This morning I was having difficulty putting on AL's shorts. Frustrated, I said, "Aryeh Leibi, why does this have to be so complicated?" And he responded.......
"Yeah, Its impossible!"

Today Aryeh Leibi had a really sore tushey so I decided to let him go without a diaper for a bit. You know, to air out. He ate his ENTIRE dinner without having an accident. I started getting a little proud already planning the kind of underwear I'd buy him. With a whistful look I envisioned two boys making on the potty, wearing tzitzis.......when did they get so big?..........." Suddenly my reverie was interupted with a call from Yitzchok Zevi, "Mommy, Lubi pished on the carpet." Oh well.

No comments: