Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Quickly updating- one handed

So tired. No time to blog.......too busy keeping our heads above water.

A quick update:

  • Motzei Shabbos, YM woke up with 102.8. I administered alternating doses of Tylenol and Advil throughout the night to get- and keep- his fever down.
  • Sunday 9AM found us in (Good 'ol) Dr. Cohen's office. This time it was the left ear! We both agreed that the best course of action at this point was antibiotics. (Grrrrrr! we lost the battle- but we haven't lost the war!!!!!)
  • 10AM, after expending great efforts to OBTAIN the antibiotics (Meuchedet: Sorry, none left till 5 this evening. Me: What should I do about my sick baby? Meuchedet: You could try a g'mach Me: Thanks (Thinking to myself: I'm switching to leumit!)*) I administered 2.5cc to YM only to have it administered back at me - all over my skirt. Frustrated, I gave Dr. Heimlich's office a call to find that there was an available appointment that afternoon!!!!!
  • 3pm, the 4 of us boarded the J-m bound bus. The boys were previously bathed and dinner was brought along so that I could deposit them right into bed when we returned from our tiyul

(I'll have to tell y'all about our visit to Dr. Heimlich another time but in a nut shell, his methods are a combination of reflexology, iridology, and very expensive equipment. What I learned was that YM is allergic to milk products. Thats what's exacerbating the ear infections. To clarify- He doesn't eat milk products, he nurses. But, when I eat milk products, he gets an ear infection......got it?)

  • 5:30PM we boarded a bus back to Beitar. (Try saying that 5 times fast.) The bus broke down just before (Thank G-d) the kvish haminharot**. After a 15 minute delay, we boarded a new bus and continued on our journey. We arrived home at around 7.

(time out- baby is awake...........again)

  • Today the baby definitely felt better. Actually- that's not a fair assessment. He didn't tell me that he felt better but he did seem that way, at least.

The problem is that he's still a bit congested and is now well broken in to very bad sleeping behavior. There's nothing you can do about a sick baby- they just need to be held. I haven't slept in my bed in 3 nights. I've just held him in the rocker recliner (thanks, Mom) all night long. Every time I tried to put him back into his crib, he woke up. Now that he's feeling a bit better, I would like to reestablish good sleeping behavior but I'm hesitant since, again, he hasn't told me that he's better- so I can't know for sure. So, I'll wait until I'm positive that he is 100%. Until then, he'll probably continue his recent minhag of waking every 1.5 hours or so........

(By the way, its 11pm and he's now sitting in my arms.........)

All of this has put a serious damper on accomplishing anything functional like cooking and laundry- not to mention my job!!!! So, I apologize, dear readers for the sparse nature of my blog quantities of late. We hope that will change very soon. (Amen!)

I hate the winter.

His hair is totally brown.

*Our Health system here in Israel is socialized. You choose one of four or five kupot (loosely defined as a health care organization) and go to that organization's local clinic with all of your ailments. We belong to "Meuchedet" which generally we've been very pleased with except that in our area, which is still very much under construction, Meuchedet is housed in a small apartment and lacking certain necessities like a pharmacy!!! "Leumit", on the other hand has already built a huge complex across the street from Meuchedet........

**Bubby-don't read this part.......kvish haminharot is peppered with a number of Arab villages......some more volatile than others. Don't worry, our bus was bullet proof.

2 comments:

Miriam the Mommy said...

I love the winter. Would you rather be staying up all night with a sick baby and be hot doing it? At least we can keep the AC off!

Wow, refua shleima to our munchkins. And I don't believe you shlepped the big boys to J-town to take the baby to the doctor. I so would have gotten a babysitter or made my husband come home. Thou art holy.

Miriam the Mommy said...

(just so you know, it is me, Miriam the Mommy, just your Blogger wasn't allowing me to sign in properly. And you wonder why you don't get comments!!)