Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Potty training dilemmas



I continue to debate whether or not Aryeh Leib is ready for toilet training. Tonight he really confused me. He's been initiating potty sessions but none have ever born fruit (or anything else for that matter). He sat on the toilet tonight before his bath and, again, nothing. I plopped him into the bathtub and silently resolved to push off any 'talk of toilet' for the next couple of months. At the same time I resigned myself to many more months of diapers, diapers, diapers.


After the bath I sent Aryeh Leib, bare bottomed, to get an Aryeh Leib diaper.
An aside: Apart from the actual size, Aryeh Leib diapers and Yisroel Meir diapers are identical. Hence, when I found myself in J-m with a drenched baby - and no extra cloths- upon further investigation, I understood why........).


A few minutes later he ran back to me cackling,

-I made pishies!!!!


I blanched.


-Where did you make pishies, Aryeh Leibi?

-In my bayis!

-In the.....potty......in your bayis? (wishful thinking....)

-Nope. In my room, on the floor.

- (cringing) Do you know where you are supposed to make pishies?

-Yup, on the potty.

-So........why did you make on the floor?

-Cause I wanted to.

-oh.





Here the boys are building Aryeh Leibi's toilet seat. As you can see, the floor could easily be mistaken for this seat...... After a while they got tired of being builders and proceeded to use the parts as weapons. I'm ready for a girlie!!!!Ahhhhh!

1 comment:

Orly said...

Thats funny Shira . That was our activity today too - building Chani ( aka the girlfriend) a toilet. Our day wasn't too successful either.Hers wasn't in her room though - it was by the front door :) Thanks for the advice AVIVA