Thursday, October 05, 2006

Yontif is a commin


There's no way that I superimposed my own feelings about what the boys must have wanted for a Yontif present....................

As for my present, I got myself a great new cookbook called "Enlightened Kosher cooking". I'm quite excited about it. I thought it the most appropriate purchase as I am definitely starting my diet tomorrow. My Yontif food prep has quickly gone from easy and simple to patchka city. Any recipe that requires the use of SIX bowls and TWO pots is just plain wrong! I already bombed my first recipe- at least from a presentation perspective. As far as taste goes, I don't know if you can mess up something that has ingredients like veggies, mayo, mustand, chicken soup mix, etc. but my "Tri Color Terraine" would be more aptly dubbed "veggie mush". I think this is a kapara for the time when complemented on my cooking I responded, "What's so complicated about cooking? Its just a matter of being able to follow instructions."
Thats Hashem's way of saying, "Mu ha ha ha ha!"
I'll spare y'all the picture of my little fashla........

No comments: