Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Potty Training- Update


We are making serious progress in the potty training department. It seems that AL was very aware of when he needed to go, he just opted not to do it in the right place. So........I decided to bribe him. I began chanting what has become our new family mantra- "When ya make in the potty, ya get a treat!" I've said it so many times, Aryeh Leib could repeat it in his sleep. So, when I saw that "I'm getting ready to make" look on his face I said, "Lubi, when ya make in the potty...." "Ya get a treat!" he answered, and ran to the bathroom! Since then its been pretty much smooth sailing, poo poo (no pun intended). The deal in our house is he who is in the midst of potty training gets 2 taffies for himself and the privilege of dispensing one taffy to his brother. Yitzchok Zevi is rather miffed that he doesn't get taffies for making on the potty. I pointed out that I don't either and he was somewhat mollified.

I was SO proud of Aryeh Leib. We had the following exchange:

Me: Lubi, you are getting to be such a big boy!!!!

Lubi: I'm not big

Me: But, Lubs, you are big- you make on the potty!

Lubi: No, Mommy, I'm not big.

Me: So what are you, Lubi?

Lubi: I'm little

Me: And who's big (I'm expecting to hear "mommy" or "abba")

Lubi: Zebi. Zebi is big, I'm little.


Anyone who has a message they'd like to brainwash into their kids, I have a 4 year old who I'm willing to hire out.


No comments: